The time has come! We are sufficiently big enough that we are in need of a little help in our day-to-day operations. Read on if you’re interested in being a part of The Metaworker team.
All interns are remote, unpaid, and require 3-5 hours per week at minimum, with the opportunity to contribute additional hours or take on multiple internships if there is interest. (We can also offer school credit.) No previous experience is required, though it’s always welcome. (But seriously, if you want to learn, we’ll teach you.) All interns are required to attend at least two staff meetings per month.
All interns are welcome to attend our monthly live podcast recording sessions on Discord. Unfortunately, we can’t offer you any other perks because we don’t get any ourselves, other than doing this for the love of it.
If you’re interested in applying to any of the internships listed below, send us an email with the intern title in the subject heading. Please include a resume, a short sample of work relevant to the position you are applying for (if applicable), and a cover letter that includes the following:
- A short bio about yourself
- Why are you interested in volunteering for The Metaworker?
- What do you hope to get out of interning with us?
- What is your favorite piece that we’ve published?
Social Media Intern(s)
– Engage with followers on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Discord
– Create new posts and advertise for our events
– Help with moderating our Discord server
If you have any interest in learning about how to create a social media strategy and working with ads, or experience in creating a strategy, we could use help in this area.
This position will work closely with the Graphic Design Intern
– Listen to each edited podcast as a quality check
– Write the episode descriptions
– Publish podcast episodes on the website
– Attend live recordings of the podcast episodes as part of the audience
– Optional: Opportunity to edit podcast episodes if there is interest
Graphic Design Intern
– Create original posts for Instagram
– Create original posts to advertise events
– Optional: Create original graphics to be used for stickers and other merchandise
This position will work closely with the Social Media Intern(s)