So in case you didn’t know, we’re totally taking submissions. Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know:
- We accept submissions on a rolling, per-month basis.
- Submissions open on the 1st day of each month at 12:00am and close on the last day of each month at 11:59pm. Submissions received after 11:59pm on the last day of the month will be rolled over into the submission pile for the following month.
- All pieces submitted within a given month will be placed under consideration for publication on a date approximately two months in advance (see below).
- Accepted submissions will be published two months after they were originally submitted. (For example, if you submit in June, and are accepted, your piece will be published in August.)
- You may submit up to two (2) pieces in any given month.
- After notification of acceptance, you may not submit again for a period of three (3) months.
- SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS: We accept them but please LET US KNOW if you’re sending us one. Also please notify us if your piece was accepted elsewhere so that we may remove it from consideration.
- 3k words maximum, and no minimum. (We will look at longer pieces, but we expect those to be much more polished and tight.)
- Include a cover letter plus a short contributor’s note written in the third person (this is important!)
- For writing, stick to .doc .docx .txt or .rtf formats. For art please stick to jpegs. Audio/video should be in .mp3 or .mp4
- Please place each of your submissions in an individual file (separate docs for writing, separate jpegs for images)
- The email subject header should read “Submission:” followed by the genre of your submission(s). (i.e. Submission: Fiction OR Submission: Poetry and Non-Fiction)
Other stuff you should know:
- Submissions you send us should be ready to publish. If we see a lot of grammatical or verb tense errors, we probably won’t accept your piece.
- We accept anything and everything, but we’re focused on fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and art. (See our Wish List.)
- We accept literary as well as genre fiction.
- We’re fine with controversial subject matter as long as it suits the story.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and then go write some more!