So in case you didn’t know, we’re totally taking submissions. Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know:
- We accept submissions on a rolling basis.
- You may submit up to two (2) pieces at a time. (For poems, this means 2 individual poems, not 2 blocks of poetry.)
- After notification of acceptance, you may not submit again for a period of three (3) months.
- SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS: We accept them but please LET US KNOW if you’re sending us one. Also please notify us if your piece was accepted elsewhere so that we may remove it from consideration.
- 3k words maximum per piece, and no minimum. (We will look at longer pieces, but we expect those to be much more polished and tight.)
- Include a cover letter plus a short contributor’s note written in the third person (this is important!)
- For writing, stick to .doc .docx .txt or .rtf formats. For art please stick to jpegs. Audio/video should be in .mp3 or .mp4
- Please place each of your submissions in an individual file (separate docs for writing, separate jpegs for images). DO NOT just paste your submission directly into the body of your email because we won’t look at it.
- The email subject header should read “Submission:” followed by the genre of your submission(s). (i.e. Submission: Fiction OR Submission: Poetry and Non-Fiction)
Other stuff you should know:
- Submissions you send us should be ready to publish. If we see a lot of grammatical or verb tense errors, we probably won’t accept your piece.
- We accept anything and everything, but we’re focused on fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and art. (See our Wish List.)
- We accept literary as well as genre fiction.
- We’re fine with controversial subject matter as long as it suits the story.
- We accept submissions from people of all ages
- Q: But what if I’m eighty?
- A: We don’t care.
- If your piece is accepted, you retain the copyright.
- Accepted submissions are generally published two months after they were submitted. (For example, if you submit in June, and are accepted, your piece will be published in August.) You will be notified two weeks in advance of the date your piece will be published.
- We currently do not pay for submissions.
- It’s “The Metaworker.” Not “The Metalworker” or “The Meta worker”.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and then go write some more!